Vortech Super Chargers
Established in 1990, Vortech Engineering offers a variety of automotive performance products including complete supercharging systems, fuel system components and air-to-water aftercoolers for domestic and import vehicles plus marine applications. Vortech has also consistently earned praise from the automotive press for its premier centrifugal supercharging systems and performance enhancing parts and accessories. Vortech has been credited with a number of innovations in the field of centrifugal supercharging. Among these achievements include being the first to utilize a supercharger development test cell designed and operated in accordance with SAE Standard J-1723. We also demonstrated the first successful use of gears in a centrifugal supercharger. In addition, Vortech initiated the use of an air bypass valve in systems and air/oil mist system for cooling. Vortech has been awarded six US patents and has received three of the prestigious Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) awards for Best Engineered New Product. No other centrifugal manufacturer has ever received one of these coveted awards. These achievements were not so much a flash of brilliance as the culmination of an intensive development process.
What Separates Vortech From The Competition?
- Standard 3-year limited supercharger warranty included with most street supercharging systems. An Optional 3-Year/36,000-Mile Power Train Limited Warranty is also available.
- Excellent technical support from factory trained, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic personnel.
- Complete systems are designed for maximum performance at Safe Boost® levels on stock unmodified engines.
- Tuner kits and supercharger upgrades are available to achieve 25+PSI (requires fuel system, internal engine, and computer modifications).
- Most complete street systems are 50-state emissions legal.
- OBD-II computer compatible
- True OEM quality fit and finish, and designed to fit under the factory hood.
- 100% complete, even down to the wire ties, making installation trouble free.
Standard Supercharger Systems: These systems are complete including all components required for a bolt-on installation by the experienced do-it-yourselfer. Most complete systems are 50-state emissions legal or are pending. High-Output Systems (Charge Cooled)
High-Output systems are similar to the standard systems with a higher level of performance. The supercharger is set at a higher boost level and a charge cooler is usually included with higher rated subsystems to accommodate the higher boost. Appropriate fuel pump and injectors, bypass valves and other upgrades along with ECM re-programming are part of these highly popular systems on most models.
Third Party Systems: Vortech does not make a system for every vehicle on the road. We have selected companies such as Shelby Autos and VF-Engineering to produce systems using a Vortech supercharger for various applications. Call the Vortech tech line for more information.
Tuner Kits: These configurations are designed for those qualified tuners or race shops who do not require the fuel managements items included in our standard systems. Among the items excluded are fuel pump, fuel injectors, FMU, air-inlet assembly (T-Trim models) and ECM programmer or timing controller.
Base Kits: Designed for those who already have a Vortech Supercharger, but need the miscellaneous components (brackets, connectors, ducts, hoses, fasteners, etc.) to complete an installation. Fuel management components/electronics are available separately.
Vortech Standard and High-Output (Charge Cooled) Systems are 100% complete, allowing an effortless installation.
SUPERCHARGERS: The supercharger has proven to be one of the most effective means for obtaining increased power from an internal combustion engine without having to make major engine modifications. This is accomplished by compressing combustion air before it enters the cylinders, which increases density. This results in improved cylinder filling, allowing more air and fuel to be burned in the combustion cycle, with dramatic increases in torque and horsepower.
Vortech superchargers operate on fundamental and proven turbomachinery principles, first described by Euler's turbomachinery equation developed in the 18th Century. This principle states that the work imparted to a fluid by an impeller is related to the change in angular momentum of the fluid. From these humble beginnings, the centrifugal compressor has evolved and found its way to becoming the most efficient and reliable means for delivering charge air at high pressures. Vortech has seized upon these known performance advantages and has developed its line of centrifugal superchargers to a performance level that clearly establishes Vortech as the performance and technology leader in aftermarket supercharging.
PULLEYS / BELTS
* 4-Rib Supercharger Pulleys
* 6-Rib Supercharger Pulleys
* 8-Rib High-Traction Supercharger Pulleys
* 8-Rib Supercharger Pulleys
* 10-Rib Supercharger Pulleys
* Cog Style Supercharger Pulleys - Corvette/350Z/Infiniti G35
* Cog Style Supercharger Pulleys - 8mm Pitch
* Marine Carbureted System Supercharger Pulleys
* Crank Pulleys and Assemblies - Mustang 5.0L
* Crank Pulleys and Assemblies - Cobra 5.0L
* Crank Pulleys and Assemblies - GM F-Body LT1
* Crank Pulleys and Assemblies - Universal
* Crank Pulleys and Assemblies - Universal
* Power Pulley Packs - 8" Crank / 4.60" Accessory
* Power Pulley Packs - 6.87" Crank / 4.75" Accessory
* Power Pulley Packs - 77 Cog Crank / 4.75" Accessory
* Idler Pulley & Assemblies
* Belt Tensioner Plates & Assemblies
* Supercharger Drive Belts
* Accessory Drive Belts